West Virginia Community Health Workers Network
Launched in 2012, the Network aims to build the capacity of rural community-based organizations to develop sustainable health education and promotion programs based on a community health worker (CHW) model. The project provides partners technical assistance in CHW best practices, project planning, budgeting, marketing, partnership development, evaluation, and fundraising. In the first two years, partners have provided over 1,000 people with health education, peer counseling, and referral services; reached over 5,500 people through marketing campaigns; and raised over $45,000 to support project activities.
- Big Creek People in Action
- Child Protect of Mercer County
- Community Connections
- LEAD Community Organization
- REACHH Family Resource Center
- West Virginia Warrior Virtue Society
Shenandoah County Mental Health Systems Strengthening Network
In 2014, we established a Network with six organizations to strengthen and build the resources, services and systems that support mental health in Shenandoah County, Virginia. Network members are conducting a community assessment of mental health needs and priorities. We then will develop an action plan based on the opportunities identified in the assessment.
- Northwestern Community Services Board
- Sentara RMH Medical Center
- Shenandoah Community Health Clinic
- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital (Valley Health Systems)
- United Way of the Northern Shenandoah Valley
- Veterans Community Resources